I managed to do 30 minutes on the stair mill then 40 minutes on the elliptical. I got sucked into another book. Whoops! I finished up with a good core workout! Here is what I was up to after my workout….
Baking the famous “Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!”
Want the recipe? Sure you do. I got this recipe from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada. I’ve made some modifications.
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp. corn starch
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together sugars and butter until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch and baking soda. After well mixed, add in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop cookie dough into small balls and drop onto a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until barely golden brown.
6. Let cool on a baking rack, then DIG IN! Try not to eat all of them in one sitting. Tempting, I know! 🙂
P.S. I’ve made these with peanut butter too. Oh my gosh, they are amazing. Just add 1/2 cup of peanut butter (chunky or creamy) and I only use 1/2 cup brown sugar!