Happy Friday Yo!
Soooo remember the other day when I posted about how not to get hit by a car running? No, I didn’t get hit by a car, but I had a close call that ended with me on the ground. I am just a bit scraped up and luckily I wasn’t injured! These battle wounds just show how tough I am! 😉 I did manage to get in 7.33 miles before the incident. Woo!
Not too bad at all, just a little bit sore today.
We all have fitness goals, dreams, and wishes. Whether it is to run a marathon, begin exercising, trying a new sport/workout, try swimming, do a triathlon or whatever. The possibilities are endless.
I believe that goal setting is important for success. Goals are motivating and once you achieve that goal, the high is amazing!
What are your goals this year? Summer? Month? Week?
When making goals, I look at three things…
- How big is the goal? It is reachable within a few weeks or is it a long term goal?
- What will it take to achieve this goal? Do I need to adjust my workout schedule?
- Will I stick to it? Will I get bored of trying to achieve this goal because it is too out of reach?
Here is a list of the goals I want to achieve by the end of Summer 2013!
- Start swimming. (I’ve never been good, but you only get better with practice)
- Try new workout classes (i.e., Body Attack, CX Worx Cardio)
- Run a ½ marathon.
- Run more 10k/5k’s.
- Improve my running pace (hello interval training!)
- Go hiking
- Do an obstacle run
- Do a color run (There’s one in Tacoma on 7/13/13- plus there is a Livingsocial available for it ½ off! Winning!)
I am sure that I will be adding to this list as I think of more goals!
Do you find yourself setting unrealistic goals?
Do you write your goals down and check them off? I feel that it is a great way to stay motivated. Try doing this with a friend, makes it even better doing it together! Team work!!!
Have a wonderful Friday!