Thursdays are great for one main reason…that tomorrow is Friday. Whoop, whoop.
I have my Halloween party tomorrow with the family and friends at a nearby bar. The theme of the party is music. Basically, everyone will be dressing as singers/musicians. Guess who yours truly will be? Well, she showed up at an awards show in a giant egg. Ponder that for a second.
GAGA, OOH LA LA, GAGA. Yep, Ms. Gaga herself. Don’t worry it will be a super warm outfit. Ha, YA RIGHT. Hopefully, the beer will keep me warm.
Speaking of singers/musicians, I was listening to the “boy bands” station on Pandora the other day. Who doesn’t love singing old songs by the Backstreet Boys or N*sync? I’ll sing all day long in my car.
This lead me to think about all the interesting aspects of the 90’s. A few that came to mind were: Boy bands, The Furby, tracksuits and the Tamagotchi.
I discovered a list of 50 Sign That You Grew Up In The ’90s. I found this list to be quite humorous, because I had forgot about all the crazy crap that came out.
Here are some of my favorites from the list.
1. Overalls. We all wore them at some point.
2. Fortune Teller. Wow, I forgot about the fortune teller. We all took this quite seriously.
3. Dunkaroos. Remember? So good!!
4. Folding notes.
5. Mr. Sketch markers.
6. MASH!!! Ahh, the most important game ever to determine how your entire life would turn out. 🙂
7. Furby. The most annoying toy ever.
8. Oregon Trail. You remember. Plus we had to play it on a computer screen that was 5×5, if that!
This really made me think about how children are growing up now. They have never used a floppy disk, seen a VHS or used a gameboy. They have Ipads, DVD’s and Facetime. Time has changed dramatically. I cannot wrap my head about it.
Did you grow up in the 90s?
What were your favorite memories?