November is commonly known as the month to remember what you are thankful for. However, you should be thankful for what you have every single day. You catch my drift.
Fitness is something that I am very thankful for everyday. It is a huge part of my life and I want to keep it that way for the rest of my time here on earth.
The fitness world is growing at a rapid rate. I am hearing about new exercise methods, ways to stay healthy or food tips almost daily via blogs, fitness websites, word of mouth, etc. It makes me increasingly happy knowing that society is heading in the right direction by encouraging people to make better decisions.
6 Reasons to be Thankful for Fitness
1. You are happier. Do you agree? You know that exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins are known as the hormones that make us happy! I don’t think I’ve ever done a workout and felt “mad” afterwards. Maybe “mad” in regards as to how I will feel in days to come.
2. Live a healthier, longer life. Fit over fat. I am sorry to say, but it is true. Fitness outweighs fat when it comes to living longer.
3. Building muscle memory.This is important. It takes time for your body to remember how to preform, repair and rebuild. Have you ever done a sport for a long time, then took a break then started up again? Were you surprised at how well you did the first time back? Well, your body remembered. I’ve experienced this with skiing. My legs always tend to remember (maybe unfortunately for them).
3. Improved employee. Fitness tends to make people feel better overall, which is often brought to the workplace. Exercise can help concentration, stress levels and relationships between co-workers.
4. Become a better role model. Whether you are a friend, parent or co-worker. Your actions can rub off on others. Fitness can help people become a better roll model. Especially for those who are around children. It is important (in my opinion) to educate our children about the importance of being healthy.
5. Sleep better. Zzzzz
Exercising can help us fall asleep faster. Fitness is known for lowering anxiety, bring up our mood levels and regulating our temperature. These factors can help us fall asleep faster if used properly. It also fatigues our body which can make us increasingly tired.
6. You’re in control of your own body.
You make your own decisions when it comes to fitness. You control what your goals are. Make sure you are aware of this. You’ll be proud of the results when you push yourself.
Why do you exercise?
Do you agree? Please share your thoughts!
What are you most thankful for?