Only four more days until sum sum summer! I’m so pumped for summer to begin. Summer in Seattle is beyond amazing, because there are so many activities and the weather is beautiful.
Here are some fun activities to take advantage of in Seattle this summer.
1. Fremont Solstice Parade. I’ve been told that this is one parade to definitely check out. Participants paint their bodies and ride bicycles for miles. Apparently, the artwork on the people’s bodies are amazing.
2. Taste of Tacoma. Who doesn’t want to try a bunch of different types of food?
3. Bite of Seattle. This is a goodie too!
4. Get active and check out the Tour de Peaks ride. Choose to ride 25, 50 or 100 miles in the beautiful suburbs of Seattle. Aka, my home town.
5. Seafair Torchlight Parade. Highly recommend it. Plus, there is a 5k prior to the parade.
6. Seafair Air Show. This is a weekend event during the first weekend of August. Super fun! Air shows, hydroplanes, food, and drinks. If you have a boat, it is even better!
7. Watershed 2014. Sadly, it is sold out; however, I’ve found lots of tickets on craigslist. There is hope and the weekend long concert is WORTH IT! I went two years ago and had the time of my life. I hope to go this year.
8. My Birthday….oh wait? Is that an event, sure why not! 😉
9. Ellensburg Rodeo. I really want to check out the Ellensburg Rodeo one day. I’ve heard that it is alot of fun and it will bring out the country in me. 🙂
10. Bumbershoot. Check out some good bands, food stands, vendors, etc. Bumbershoot is known for the last big event of the summer.
I hope you get to check out some of the fun events in Seattle this summer. I hope to check a few off this list.
What are you doing this summer?
Any fun events you are looking forward too?
Are you going to Watershed?