Thanksgiving is a time for everyone to look back on the year and acknowledge what they are thankful for. I know not everyone does this, but I’m sure it crosses there mind at some point during the day. Unfortunately, society has become less thankful for what they have. How about we take a moment and ponder…”What am I thankful for right now, at this very moment…” It can be anything. Your health, your puppies, friends, personality, family, the weather. Whatever it is, take a moment and embrace it. Give it the acknowledgement that it deserves. I mean, what if you didn’t have that “one” thing?
This year has been an absolute whirlwind and I don’t know where to begin, but there are so many things that I am grateful and thankful for.
1. My health. As you know, I’ve struggled with ED for many years and even though my physically may not look like it, it is still in the back of my mind. I am thankful for having the strength to continue to battle this monster.
2. My family. If you know me personally, then you know that my family is my rock. As of late, my father’s cancer has turned for the worse so I am thankful for all the memories that we’ve shared and will continue to make.
3. Kasa and Reese! Those two can be pills, but they are family and we all have our downfalls at some point.
4. Friends/Acquaintances/Coworkers, etc. Being around people is very important to be and it helps me stay grounded.
5. My motivation. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the help of my self motivation.
6. Strength. Physically and mentally. This year has been very hard mentally with regards to running. I’ve been injured off and on since March and it has taken a huge amount of self will to help me get over this hump. I’m known for running, participating in races and continuing to improve. I’ve had to put all of that on the back burner for most of this year, but I’ve tried to stay positive knowing that things will change and I’ll get back into it. On another note, I’m been thinking that perhaps this was meant to happen. To help my mental and physical strength.
7. Football. Yes, I am thankful for the sport and the Seahawks!
A view from our seats at the Seahawks v. Cardinals game
How are you going to spend Thanksgiving? I’ll be heading to Flywheel then the family is heading over to a family friends house to eat and watch the Seahawks play the 49ners. Go Hawks.
What are you thankful for today?
What is your favorite dish to eat?
Do you like pie?
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!